at Grace United Methodist Church, OKC
at Grace United Methodist Church, OKC
New Facebook Page
We now have a Facebook page up and running. Head on over and like the page to view our latest Christmas concert photos and get last minute updates.
When viewing our Facebook page you may also see a blog address we are experimenting with. Feel free to check it out and even use it to sign up for a Twitter, RSS feed, or other social contact, but know that we have not officially transferred all our information from our official web page (okcsings.org) yet. We're just trying to keep up with the latest media available. Thanks!
Final CTSWS Info
Parents, don't forget your two complimentary tickets. Additional tickets will be available for sale at the door. The concert is at 3 p.m.
Just a reminder of our Spring calendar. We have lots of fun things in store so mark your calendars now. We are counting on each of you as it takes all of you to make a CHOIR.
January 10 Rehearsals Resume
January 28 CTSWS, Bethany First Church of the Nazarene
March 1 Illumination and Bella Voce One Day Tour (see details below)
March 20 No Rehearsal
April 14 Illumination’s Heartland Music Fest, Frontier City (see details below)
April 26-29 Bella Voce Kansas City Tour (see details below)
May 4-5 OCHEC Convention (Bella Voce only)
May 8 Spring Concert @ Springlake Metro Technology Center, OKC
Tuesday marks the last day of the recruiting campaign. Be sure to bring a friend for your last chance to receive a Chick-fil-a meal and an entry in the drawing for a $30 iTunes gift card.
Illumination and Bella Voce
One Day Tour Schedule
Thursday, March 1
Schedule: 9:00 a.m to 4:30 p.m.
· Concert and Tour of the Bethany Children’s Center
· Concert @ Downtown OKC Library’s Thursday Noon Tunes*, 11:30 a.m.
· OCU choir observation, campus tour, and food court lunch
Cost: Money for lunch
*Since this will be an extra long concert, we will be holding auditions for soloists and ensembles for this event.
Solo Auditions for Middle and High School One Day Tour
For some reason I was wanting to rush the calendar last week by telling some that I would hold auditions THIS Tuesday (the 31st). Even though the audition date was originally set for February 7th (and still is), if you have something prepared THIS week, please go ahead and come to the middle school rehearsal room at 10:00 a.m. It will definitely help with the limited time factor.
Soloists must have a piece of their choice memorized and provide a piano accompaniment to audition. If a CD is going to be used, students must provide their own equipment. Song choices may be of any genre as long as the song selection is appropriate for a 1st grade audience. Vocal and instrumental solos are welcome.
Heartland Music Fest
Saturday, April 14
Tentative Schedule: 9 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
Contest Location: Edmond/Guthrie Area (exact location TBA)
Cost per Student: $65
Cost includes: Contest fees, bus rental, lunch, and admission to Frontier City
Payment Due: March 13
*Parents may sign up to be sponsors at the reception desk beginning January 10th. The first 3 sponsors to sign up must be willing to ride and stay with the students at all times, but will be able to attend free of charge.
Kansas City Tour
Thursday, April 26 thru Sunday, April 29
· Hotel with Indoor Water Park
· Worlds of Fun Music Festival and Day at the Park
· Barber of Seville Performance @ the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts
Cost per Student: $500
Cost includes: Contest fees, bus rental, hotel, meals, and more tourist sites
Payment Plan Due Dates: February 1--$200, March 1--$150, April 1--$150
Fundraisers from Nannette Mueller 405-341-0880
1) MAGAZINE SALES is a continuing fundraiser. Catalogs and order forms may be picked up at the information table. Students receive 50% of the subscription price as profit. Orders should be turned in on a weekly basis to ensure that subscribers receive their subscriptions in a timely manner. Additional information will be attached to the catalogs on the information table. Contact person: Wendy Abner,email@example.com or 414-238-4151 (cell).
2) Scentsy Candles. Runs now through February 7. Students earn 25% profit. Valentine's Day orders need to be in by January 31st. For more information contact Ann Hankins, 405-225-6760.
3) Floral Delivery for Granada Floral. 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on February 13 and 14. Students earn $6 per delivery. For more information contact Jean Munoz, 405-823-5811.