at Grace United Methodist Church, OKC
at Grace United Methodist Church, OKC
One Day Tour Audition Results
Thanks to all who auditioned. It was a hard choice.
Soloist for this year's tour: Megan Campbell (voice), Jonathon Connor (piano), Grace Helton (piano), and Phillip Oliver (voice and guitar).
High School Skit Team: Katie Feemster, Kami Pruitt, Michael Mueller, Shay Sharp, and Macayla Warren
Middle School Skit Team: Rachel Scarberry, William Ellis, Ashlyn Shriver, Abby Segelquist, and Troy Bodman
*If you were absent last week when we pasted around the skit sign up and would like to be involved, please come to the appropriate rehearsal listed below and we will try to make room for you. We will also have a sign up for those who would like to read a short speaking part between songs.
Skit Team Rehearsals
To be best prepared for our One Day Tour, the skit teams will have the follow rehearsals. Since we only have a couple of rehearsals, we need you to be at everyone! If this is not possible, please respond ASAP. Each rehearsal will be from 10:00-10:30 a.m.
February 14--10 a.m.--High School Skit Team, 10:15 a.m. Middle School Skit Team
February 21--10 a.m.--Both Skit Teams
February 28--10 a.m.--High School Skit Team, 10:10 a.m.--Both Skit Teams, 10:20 a.m.--Middle School Skit Team
Tour Sign Up and Deposits Due (for those absent last week)
We have THREE tours quickly approaching and deadlines for each are upon us. On Tuesday there will be sign-ups for each tour: The ONE DAY Tour, the Middle School Heartland Festival, and the High School Kansas City Trip. This includes registration of students as well as chaperones. That said, here are the expectations for Tuesday for each event:
ONE DAY Tour
We simply need you to sign up if you plan on attending. While we need everyone (middle school and high school) to attend, we realize there are some things out of your control that may prevent you from going. Thus your signature will help us to plan accordingly. Parents, you are welcome to attend the concerts on the tour and follow the bus via your own vehicle, but since this is a local tour where we will attend every event and travel as a group, we will not be having a separate sponsor list for this event. Also, there is NO cost for this event for students (except for the possible cost of lunch which you will bring on the day of tour) so all we really need at this time is your signed commitment to attend.
Middle School Tour
While your deposit is not due until March 13, we do need your signature of commitment THIS week from both students and sponsors so please check your calendars now for Saturday, April 14 and be ready to sign that you will be attending on Tuesday. For more details about the tour, please see below.
High School Tour
The initial deposit for the high school trip is due on TUESDAY ($200)! There will also be a sign up for both sponsors and students at this time. We realized that our initial deadlines for the high school trip were all on random days of the week (the first doesn't always fall on a Tuesday--imagine that?!) and have now updated our due date schedule for the first Tuesday of each month in coordination with your monthly dues. For more details about this tour, please see below.
Dues are Due (for those absent last week)
This week is the first Tuesday of the month and monthly dues are due. For those of you paying by the semester, this is just a reminder that you should have paid your second semester dues by yesterday so please bring those to the registration table on Tuesday as well. The payment schedule for those on the monthly payment plan this semester include the first Tuesday of each month during the months of January, February, March and April.
$40 one student
$65 for two students
$80 for 3 or more students
-$5 off for K-2nd grade students only
Just a reminder of our Spring calendar. We have lots of fun things in store so mark your calendars now. We are counting on each of you as it takes all of you to make a CHOIR.
January 10 Rehearsals Resume
January 28 CTSWS, Bethany First Church of the Nazarene
March 1 Illumination and Bella Voce One Day Tour (see details below)
March 20 No Rehearsal
April 14 Illumination’s Heartland Music Fest, Frontier City (see details below)
April 26-29 Bella Voce Kansas City Tour (see details below)
May 4-5 OCHEC Convention (Bella Voce only)
May 8 Spring Concert @ Springlake Metro Technology Center, OKC
Illumination and Bella Voce
One Day Tour Schedule
Thursday, March 1
Schedule: 9:00 a.m to 4:30 p.m.
· Concert and Tour of the Bethany Children’s Center
· Concert @ Downtown OKC Library’s Thursday Noon Tunes*, 11:30 a.m.
· OCU choir observation, campus tour, and food court lunch
Cost: Money for lunch
Heartland Music Fest
Saturday, April 14
Tentative Schedule: 9 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
Contest Location: Edmond/Guthrie Area (exact location TBA)
Cost per Student: $65
Cost includes: Contest fees, bus rental, lunch, and admission to Frontier City
Payment Due: March 13
*Parents may sign up to be sponsors at the reception desk beginning January 10th. The first 3 sponsors to sign up must be willing to ride and stay with the students at all times, but will be able to attend free of charge.
Kansas City Tour
Thursday, April 26 thru Sunday, April 29
· Hotel with Indoor Water Park
· Worlds of Fun Music Festival and Day at the Park
· Barber of Seville Performance @ the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts
Cost per Student: $500
Cost includes: Contest fees, bus rental, hotel, meals, and more tourist sites
Payment Plan Due Dates: February 7--$200, March 6--$150, April 3--$150
Fundraisers from Nannette Mueller 405-341-0880
1) MAGAZINE SALES is a continuing fundraiser. Catalogs and order forms may be picked up at the information table. Students receive 50% of the subscription price as profit. Orders should be turned in on a weekly basis to ensure that subscribers receive their subscriptions in a timely manner. Additional information will be attached to the catalogs on the information table. Contact person: Wendy Abner,email@example.com or 41
2) Floral Delivery for Granada Floral. 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on February 13 and 14. Students earn $6 per delivery. This is probably one of the best money-making fundraisers we have and well-worth the money spent on gas. After all, where else can you make$150+ in one day for a one time gig? If you are considering tour and want to know how you can come up with that extra deposit money, this is it. While we will have choir rehearsal on the 14th, you still have 1 1/2 days of quality delivery time. All you have to have is the time and transportation. For more information contact Jean Munoz, 405-823-5811.