Thank youOn behalf of the staff and myself, thank you so much for all your encouraging words and gifts last night. It was a sweet time of fun, music, and refreshment. We thoroughly enjoy what we do and are so blessed to have such wonderful students and parents to work with. Thank you!
There was one lost-and-found jacket at the OCHEC choir booth. If you think it might be yours please don't hesitate to email me to arrange to pick it up.
DVD of the Concert
As I shared last night, the Chippeaux's have graciously volunteered to make DVDs of last night's performance for all interested. The cost is $5. To find out more or place an order, please contact Diana via email.
Enroll for the Fall Now
Registration for the new school year is now online. Please enroll ASAP so that we may begin to know which locations we can assign choirs (hopefully all choirs in all locations). We are looking forward to next year in a BIG way and hope to have a strong veteran group leading the way. This is going to be one year you won't want to miss out.
What's does this new enrollment process mean for you and what can you expect as a result?
- No paperwork on the first day. You will only have one short medical form to fill out that your students will turn in to their directors. That's it!
- No orientation meeting at the beginning of the year.
- No voice hearing on the first day. The first day is the first rehearsal.
- No uniform sizing on the first day. We will do this later in the year once everyone has been registered.
- You only have to fill out family agreement information once.
- An opportunity to win a $25 Amazon gift card if someone mentions your name as having referred them to COHC.
- You can enroll now and pay your registration fee (aka your first month's tuition payment) at your convenience (even if its the first day of rehearsals). That said, IF you choose to pay your registration fee by July 31st you will save $10 off your first tuition payment. You will receive the early-bird option via email once you have registered online.
What has COHC done for you this year BESIDES give your child(ren) a quality choral education?
- COHC officially became non-profit so that we can use more of the funds provided for student endeavors--scholarships, event discounts, and more. Even in 2014-2015 you will begin to see the effects of this in several small ways.
- The board has chosen to increase its numbers and its impact so as to use the skills of our parents more effectively. After all, COHC is a member owned organization (Yes, unlike what some believe, I am only a staff person hired by the board--I do NOT own the choirs in any way, shape, or form).
- COHC has hired staff who are strong supporters of the organization and not just "doing it for the money." In fact we have some great staff that donate many many hours well beyond what they are paid to further promote and build up the choirs. Recently a new board member shared with me that she was appalled when she found out our staff's pay. However, I (along with the other COHC staff) firmly believe in the choirs and think the choirs worth every penny saved and hour spent.
- COHC has researched and saved so that we could provide closer rehearsal locations and a better variety of rehearsal times in 2014-2015.
- COHC has revamped it's logo and website to provide a more official appearance for newcomers and a source of pride for veterans.
- COHC has scheduled more social events for you and your students so that you have more opportunities to meet and get to know other musical homeschooling families in the area.
- COHC revamped their information booth for conventions and curriculum fairs so as to better promote the education and fun sides of the choir and draw more students to the organization.
- COHC has reached out to the homeschool community to provide musical opportunities for other homeschool students who are not able to participate in a weekly choral group due to location, rehearsal time, or other conflict.
- COHC has applied for grants to help offset the cost of tuition and keep fees at a competitive rate.
- COHC has provided students opportunities to excel beyond the confines of COHC. Carnegie Hall is a prime example of this.
So what are you waiting for? Enroll your child(ren) now for the 2014-2015 school year. As you can see from above and the concert last night the investment is well worth it! See you next fall!