Welcome back! I’m gazing at 3.5 inches of snow out of my window and thinking, “Oh my! Only a few more days until the first choir rehearsal!” That’s right—the first rehearsals for the Spring Semester are this coming Tuesday & Wednesday (9th -10th).
Top 10 Reminders for Spring 2017:
- Students should bring any music received in the Fall semester to the first rehearsal. Any music issued that is not returned will result in a $2.00 fine per song.
- Each student was given a pencil at the beginning of the year. If that pencil has wandered off, please make sure another one takes its place in the choir ‘envelope/ folder’.
- All class schedules are the same except for Norman Bella Voce. That choir will now meet from 10:15am - 12:00pm. Please have students in all locations at their designated classes a few minutes prior to class time.
- Tuition payments are DUE! Laura Stoabs will be available in OKC & Edmond to pick up your envelope with post-dated checks . Norman families can give their envelope of checks to Angie Laubach. Choral Directors are NOT permitted to pick up payments.
- The COHC follows the weather updates and school closings for the school districts closest to the rehearsal sites. You will receive a “REMIND ME” alert if rehearsals cancel for any reason. If the following school district is closed due to inclement weather on a COHC rehearsal date—so are we!
Edmond Rehearsal Site- follow Edmond Public School weather closings
Norman Rehearsal Site - follow Norman Public School weather closings
OKC Rehearsal Site - follow OKC Public School weather closings
6. If you know of someone who would like to join the COHC this Spring— it’s not too late! Current members DO NOT NEED to register again. Only NEW incoming students who were not apart of the choirs in the Fall. Registration is open online until Wednesday, January 18th.
7. The COHC will be performing and participating in the “pre-game’ of the OKC Blue Basketball on Friday, March 3rd. Mark that date for Principio, Illuminati, and Bella Voce students. Detailed info coming in a few weeks.
8. The COHC is hosting a Solo & Ensemble Festival on Saturday, March 25th. All Illuminati & Bella Voce students will be performing in ensembles that day and their Choral Directors will take care of registration. However, if your student takes private voice lessons or you know someone who does, please invite them to register for this musical event. All area homeschool and private school students are invited to participate.
9. The Members Handbook states, “Please respect our church hosts. Students may not roam the building at any time. A member’s presence in an unassigned location could be cause for expulsion from the choir. Running, yelling, and rowdy behavior are not permitted in the building or on the grounds at any time.”
10. The first COHC Board meeting is later this month. If you have an idea, question, or concern, that the Board should address please send a detailed email to Elizabeth Lopez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
That’s all folks! See you at a choir rehearsal soon!