Oklahoma Homeschool Solo and Ensemble Contest
It is an event organized by Central Oklahoma Homeschool Choirs open to all Oklahoma homeschool students ages 8 and up. The goal of the Oklahoma Homeschool Solo and Ensemble Contest is to provide an opportunity for homeschool and private school students to receive personal feedback via a highly-qualified solo and ensemble adjudicator.
What can I expect on the day of the event?
While the schedule is subject to change, participants of the Solo and Ensemble Contest can expect to be to be assigned an adjudication time somewhere between 8 a.m. and noon.
Where will the Solo and Ensemble Contest take place?
To be announced soon
Who are this year's adjudicators?
What is the cost of the Solo and Ensemble Contest?
Fees for the Solo and Ensemble Contest are as follows:
- Solos: $15 each
- Ensembles (2-12 members): $20 each
What are the guidelines of the Solo and Ensemble Contest?
Solo and Ensemble Contest participants should observe the following guidelines:
- All performances are to be accompanied by a pianist unless the music indicates otherwise. Registrants will be responsible for providing their own accompanist(s).
- Vocal literature should reflect standard solo and ensemble repertoire. Broadway, jazz, and popular selections are not appropriate and are unacceptable for this festival. ONLY ORIGINAL MUSIC is permitted to give to the adjudicator. If music is on order and didn’t arrive in a timely manner, have the music supplier send you a copy of your invoice. If music is permanently out-of-print, please have the publisher send you a letter of permission to use copied music specifically for this event. Adjudicators have the right and responsibility to not rate a performance when copied music is given to them.
- Students should write his/her name inside the front cover the music so that it may be easily returned.
- All selections should be performed by memory. Failure to do so will automatically lower the participant(s) score by one rating.
- Participants may sing one musical selection per entry. While participants may prepare a piece of any length, a judge reserves the right to ask the participant(s) to discontinue should the performance last longer than 5 minutes due to time restraints. For such, no rating deduction will occur.
- All performing ensemble members and accompanist MUST be listed on the registration form for eligibility and scheduling.
- Participants should be prompt to their performance location as the Solo and Ensemble Contest is on a tight schedule; they may not have an opportunity to perform if tardy.
What is the registration deadline to participate?
All registrations for either solo or ensemble must be received and/or postmarked two weeks prior to the event.
How do I register?
You can register your solo or ensemble by completing the following form (coming soon) and mailing in your check or money order to:
Central Oklahoma Homeschool Choirs
2011 West Danforth Road
Edmond, OK 73003
I registered online but have not received my adjudication time yet. What next?
Be looking for an email with your adjudication time on the Tuesday before the event. If you do not receive more information by this time, please contact Jacque Hocking at 405.919-3776 for more information.